Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again

Yesterday was my first day back to working out. I went to a spin class at the LA fitness by work. It wasn’t a cycling oriented spin class, like the ones put on by the Atlanta Triathlon Club (ATC), but it was a good lunchtime workout. I figure the only way I will get back in the swing of things is if I can get my workouts in without impacting the rest of my life too much, and working out during lunch is one of the ways I can do that.

Today I plan on run /walking or swimming during lunch. My plan is to work on my base fitness, and to drop about 10 lbs before I start training for a triathlon. I figure to ramp up in late March for John Tanner. That is when I will probably rejoin ATC.

Much of the next few weeks will be figuring out when to work out and where to do it. I’ve been contemplating the idea of coming in, in the morning, to work out, but I am not a morning person, and getting up 30 minutes earlier just to do something I don’t like, like running, doesn’t appeal to me. But, it is good dead time I could get a workout in with little impact. I’ve also thought about working out when I get home. Carol usually doesn’t get home till a couple of hours after me, and I could use that time. Plus, as a bonus, one of our neighbors goes to the gym at that time, and you know what they say, “You are more likely to stay with a work out regiment if you have someone to do it with.”

I will let you know what I come up with in future blogs.

No comments: