Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Last Chance Triathlon 09

If you read the last post, you know that I signed up for my first triathlon. It is the "Last Chance Triathlon 09" in Douglasville. It is being held at Boundary Waters Park (See July 22nd post), on October 11th. It is a reverse triathlon. That means you do a 3 mile trail run first, a 13 mile bike ride second, and a 1/4 mile pool swim last.

I chose this to be my first tri for 2 reasons: 1) It is close to home (less than a hour travel); and 2) Pool swim. Because swimming is my weakest discipline (remember, I run at a whopping 15 minute mile; that should tell you how bad a swimmer I am). In a pool swim, if you get too tired you can stand up (can't do that in a lake).

With signing up for it, I am taking away my excuses. It will be sink or swim (literally). Because of this I've stepped up my training. One of the ways I 'm stepping up is by doing the coarse this weekend. I will do a 3 to 5 mile trail run and 1 or 2 laps of the 13 mile bike course. I've been looking forward to doing it; psyching myself up for it. But, I've recently received a fortune cookie fortune that has me a little worried.

If you have read this, and are wondering why is he worried. It is because my fortunes tend to be sarcastic.

No comments: