Monday, August 24, 2009

Kennesaw Mtn


I am going to try a new thing on Wednesdays. I am going to do hill (mountain) work.

After I did my practice Tri, I needed to work on my hill climbing. One of the best work-outs for hills are steeper hills. That is why I rode up Kennesaw Mountain last Wednesday, and why I plan to do it this Wednesday.


I told one of my riding buddies that I was going to do it, and his advice was to use my gears. He must be insane, because by the first 100 yard I was in the lowest possible gear I could be in, and their I stayed.


It is about a 1.5 miles to the top of the mountain. That means it is a steep 900 ft elevation gain to the top. I had to stop at the 1 mile mark and catch my breath before I finished (I plan on making it all the way the next time). After a brief rest and some water I was on my way again. All in all, it took me 15 minutes to get up the mountain, and 4 minutes to get down (there is a speed limit that is enforced).


I basically had my Heart Rate maxed out on the way up. It was the first time since boot camp that I wanted to throw up because of exercise.

P.S. My Weigh-In Wednesday for last Wednesday:

No comments: