Sunday, February 21, 2010

Alpharetta Greenway



A friend asked if I had ever ridden the Alpharetta Greenway. I hadn’t, so I rode it today. It was a short 14 mile ride that was too crowded to get a good workout in. But, if you are doing a nice leisurely ride, or are out with the family this may be the ride for you.



The trail itself is a concrete multi-use trail, much like the Silver Comet. I don’t know if it was just because it was a nice day out, or if it is always like this, but it was crowded today, too crowded. There were a lot of parents and kids on the trail, and I hate to say, many of the parents were not paying attention to their kids. I lost count of how many times I had to slam on the brakes to avoid a child.



I had chosen this trail because I hadn’t done it before, but after the ride I was a bit disappointed. I don’t think this will become one of my regular rides, but I won’t say I’ll never ride it again.

No comments: