Monday, June 8, 2009

People Suck

I hate people. Today I've been running into rude or stupid people. Here is a list of some of the people I've seen today:

The Door Blocker

This is the person that stops in front of the door to have a conversation. They watch you walking up to the door with your hands full, but will not move till you say something (you may be surprised to know that I usually say "excuse me" instead of "get your ass out of my may, you cow"). When they move it is not as helpful as one might think; they take a half a step. Enough to open the door, but not enough to squeeze by them without nudging them. This will always get you a look or a comment. Like it is your fault that they are blocking a door.

Is it wrong of me to want to sterilize people?

The Cell Phone Driver

I know everyone has had to deal with one of these people, so I won't go on about it, except to say:
Get Off the Phone and Drive!

I sometimes fantasize about driving a tank. Is that wrong?

The Lazy Worker

While I was driving, I came upon two city trucks cleaning up debris on the side of the road. One of the trucks had a claw, picking up the debris, and the other was a dump truck that the debris was being thrown into.

So both trucks were sitting next to each other; taking up a lane and a quarter of the two lane road. That left three quarters of a lane to get through. That would have been OK, but the worker assigned to direct traffic was standing in the lane not doing his job. The guy was a big guy (I am small by comparison), at least 350lbs. He took up at least another quarter of the lane and gave everyone dirty looks because they were so close to him with there car (like they had a choice).

What was even worse than the fact that he wouldn't stand in front, or behind the trucks, giving everyone more room; was that he wouldn't put his hands up to stop a car or tell a car to go until it was absolutely necessary (meaning preventing two cars trying to go through the same half of a lane).

I find it sad that the city probably laid off someone that was a good worker and kept this guy. Our tax dollars at work.

The Parent With No Parenting Skills

On the same street as the great city worker above, I saw a parent walking with her small child in the street. I understand you have to walk in the street there; their are no sidewalks. But, you put your child on the outside of the lane so you are closer to the traffic that the child. You also hold the child's hand, and you get off the cell phone and pay attention to the child.

I still think people should have to take an intelligence test before they are allowed to breed.

People suck!

1 comment:

peepnroosmom said...

How about the people who talk very loudly and motion with their hands into their cell phone Blue Tooth when they are in a store. You think they are talking to you or at least themselves. Then when you look at them they look back at you like you are the crazy one.