Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Weigh-In Wednsday


As I have said before, I am not too worried about a slight gain between weeks. Plus I know I am about to lose a lot of weight soon. I just signed up for a couple of swimming classes next month. I will be going for a hour a day, twice a week. If I get comfortable in the water again (I was in the Coast Guard many years ago, and was very comfortable in the water then), I will probably sign up for a triathlon.

I know I'm still fat, but I saw a picture of myself from last year, and I can't believe how many chins I had. I am thankfully back down to two. I can tell I'm losing weight by the fact that I had to make a new hole in my belt. Another way I know I'm losing weight is that one of the guys at work has stopped calling me Steve (not my name). Steve is my friend and this persons old boss; Steve is a big boy (really big), and calling me Steve was his way of calling me fat without calling me fat. Their are many other ways of calling a person fat, without calling them fat. Here are a few: big fat kid = Husky, big fat woman = Rubinest, big fat cyclist = Clydesdale, big fat swimmer = Orca, and my favorite is for triathletes, they put it so simply and accurately, big fat triathlete = big fat triathlete.

No comments: