Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Bane of Bees

I am the bane of bees. For years I have had carpenter bees eating my garage, and for years I have fought them off with my trusty badminton racket. This method was only mildly effective, but had made most of my neighbors think I'm a bit nuts. You see, from my neighbors house, you can't see the bees. All you see is me out in the middle of my driveway, swinging a badminton racket wildly and erratically; and yelling at the air. All I needed to really freak them out was to don a tin foil hat.

In order to improve my reputation in the neighborhood, I switched from hitting the bees with a racket, to using a chemical poison. Tuesday, I went by the "Do It Yourself Pest Control" store and picked up some professional chemicals (Demon Dust) and a sprayer. I went home and sprayed my garage and house.

I wasn't all that impressed at the start. The couple of bees I sprayed as I was treating the garage seamed to find the spray refreshing. It appeared to have no effect on them. But, yesterday when I got home, and pulled the truck into the garage, I noticed dead bees all over my driveway. I counted at least 10.

The chemical seams to be working. I guess I will no longer be the bane of bees; the garage itself will become their bane. BWAH HA HA HA HAAA!!!! (I guess the mad scientist laugh doesn't help my reputation)

2 comments:

jenn said...

That's funny, John had the exact same laugh when he sprayed the Demon Dust, too! Good riddance Carpenter bees!

Pat said...

Does it work on Yellow Jackets?